EVENTS & PROGRAMS
C.T. English Home and School Club sponsors many programs that have a direct impact on the lives of our children while at school and also after school. The goal of these programs is to provide our children with many positive experiences to help them develop into happy, responsible, and healthy young adults.
PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST
CTE HSC is proud to present our first ever, and hopefully annual, pumpkin carving competition. This years competition will be held virtually. Contest rules:
- All contestants will submit registration entry fee by Oct. 23, 2020 ctehsc.org/shop
- 1 pumpkin per $6 registration entry fee, categories chosen during registration
- No limit on the number of entries allowed per student
- Contest open to CTE middle school students & parents only
- Contestants will carve/decorate any size pumpkin and submit photos AND paypal receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Oct. 26, 2020. Entry fees will not be refunded for missed deadline. BE SURE TO INCLUDE PAYPAL RECEIPT WITH PHOTO SUBMISSION
- Prizes awarded for these categories: Scariest, Funniest, COVID-19iest, Sweetest.
- Judges awards will also go to the: Most Creative, Most Original, and Best Overall pumpkins.
- Parents: Judges will select a winner for Best Overall Parent Submitted Pumpkin.
- Entries will be judged on overall appearance, originality and creativity. Please keep designs school appropriate.
Submissions and / or ?’s: email@example.com
Turkey Trot / Rabbit Run
Second Last Thursday in November or in the Spring
The Turkey Trot is a C. T. English Middle school tradition with all students running the Summit Tree Farm before enjoying a lunch hosted by the CT English Home and School Club.
Dance nights are social nights for all CT students to enjoy and have fun. Most of the dances are themed. Dance nights are NOT date nights. Dance nights are made possible with help of parent volunteers.
Student Fun Nights
These are fun social events for C.T. English students. Fun nights include basketball, volleyball, ping-pong and many other games. Fun nights are made possible with help of parent volunteers.
Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week is a national campaign against drug abuse which promotes safe and healthy communities. Students wearing Red Ribbon Week wristbands receive discounts at participating businesses in the town of Los Gatos. Wristbands will be available at the office.
August. 4:30-5:30 at the Loma Prieta Play field
The Root Beer Social is a very anticipated end of summer gathering just before school begins where both Loma Prieta and CT English students reconnect over a delicious treat and share stories of summer fun. CT Students get their schedules for the school year and can get together with friends to see which classes they share.
Our school lunch program is organized by the district but our HSC volunteers donate their time to serve lunch daily.
After-school enrichment programs such as art and yoga are provided with our support.
This year the HSC is sponsoring the 7th Grade trip to Yosemite as a pilot program.
Lunch provided daily at school by the Choice Lunch program. The online ordering system and mobile App make it very easy to order school lunches. Volunteers to help with handing out lunches.
Yoga with Liliya
Youth and Adult classes
Classes are held at the temporary community center. Bring your yoga mat, block, and towel. $15/class for drop in. $60/package of 6 classes. For more information email LiliyaGoldie or call 650-284-6341.
Cheetah Sports Boosters
Promote sportsmanship and team spirit on campus by becoming a member of the Cheetah Booster program. Participate in social and fundraising events that raise money to support the C.T. English Middle School after school sports program, run under the guidance of our athletic director Nancy Lanovaz.
Get More Details